Thursday 9 June 2011

A Trio of Mini Canvases

Good morning.

I really like Sheena Douglass' Paint Fusion techniques. I cannot paint or draw to save my life but this allows me to make mini works of art which I love!

These were all done on mini canvases which measure approximately 2.5 x 3.5 inches. I love the way they come with their own little easels for ease of display.

The stamps used came from the Simply Sweet, Poppies and Berries sets.

Once the backgrounds had been set up using the crackle (for the Poppy and Berries) and vaseline (for the Bouquet) techniques I had to pack out the back of the canvas, with layers of mount board, to give a firm enough surface on which to stamp the images. These were stamped using Forest Green Stazon ink. The paints are acrylic and were applied using the Sheena method. Once the paint was dry, which doesn't take too long, Distress ink was applied around the edges to age the art and finally gold embossing powder was applied around the edges to frame the pictures..

1 comment:

  1. Genius idea, don't have to deal with the whole drawing thing. Looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping in to see my blog. I hope you enjoyed it. Please leave a comment as I love to receive them.
Hugs, Shirl xx