Sunday, 19 June 2011
This tin is for the Crafty Cardmakers #48 challenge - Altered Food Container
The base container is a tin that had my favourite tea in. The unfortunate thing is that I used to buy this tea when I lived in France and you cannot get it here in the UK. My stocks are dwindling fast. So some people go on a Booze Cruise but it looks like I shall have to go on a Tea Tour!
Anyway, enough of that, and on to more important things.
Looking at the picture below, the side view.... The tin was already orange, yellow and red so I did not alter the tin itself. The lid was a lovely gold so I kept that too.
I stamped a piece of orangey/yellow card with a script stamp from Stamp addicts and covered the front and back sides of the tin.
The main card wrap was marbled with the same sort of colours. Two panels were cut and the eyelets added after carefully marking out their positions. Red and gold 3mm ribbon was used to lace up both joins (The tin is the same at the back as you can see for the front in the lower picture.) The ribbons were laced up tightly to hold the wrap in place.
For the top a Nestie was used to cut out a label shape to suit the size of the lid. This was bonded in place with Stick and Stay.
The flowers and leaves were cut out using my Cricut Create. The flowers were over stamped with a background stamp and aged with Distress ink. These were layered up and allowed to dry. Pinflair glue was used to bond the flowers and leaves in place and a crystal gem was used for each of the flower centres.
To butterflies were stamped onto Acetate with Black Stazon ink. The stamp was by Elusive Images (Now Chocolate Baroque). These were coloured with Promarkers, cut out and bonded in place on the lid with more Pinflair glue.